Anderson Early Learning Academy is a NYS approved 4410 program that provides children ages 3-5 years of age opportunities to learn in an environment that is developmentally appropriate and teaches the skills needed to be successful in kindergarten.
We believe quality, evidence-based instruction, well-trained professionals, an engaging educational environment, and parent-school partnerships can help position young learners on a positive learning trajectory.
- Individual, small, and whole group instruction
- Math, reading and language arts curricula
- Daily student learning data
- In-classroom delivery of related services
- Functional communication supports
- Visual and environmental supports
- Intentional teaching of school readiness and social interaction skills
- High rates of verbal praise and social recognition
Classroom Teams include Special Education Teacher, Teacher’s Aides, Teaching Assistants, Speech Language Pathologist, Occupational Therapist, Physical Therapist (as needed), Supervising Behavior Analyst.
- Classroom Teachers, Teacher Assistants and Teacher’s Aides receive ongoing training in applied behavior analysis and the implementation of positive behavior supports from Licensed Behavior Analysts
- Classroom Staff/Teacher communicate with families daily via a secure web based program and as needed per parent-teacher discussion and agreement.
- A typical school day includes a variety of structured learning opportunities while also encouraging students to play, problem-solve, explore, enjoy a book, run outside, develop friendships, and create with art supplies. Daily activities and lessons serve multiple purposes
|Activity/Lesson||Content Focus||Embedded Skills|
|Morning Meeting||Calendar skills, counting, word recognition||Attending to teacher, taking turns, waiting, listening to directions|
|One-to-one Teaching||Readiness, language, math, reading, social skills||Following directions, scanning, fine motor|
|Group Lesson||Social skills, social studies, science||Attending to teacher, following directions, answering questions, raising hand, sharing materials|
|Snack/Lunch||Daily living skills||Communication/language, planning, social skills, cleaning up|
|Structured Playtime||Play skills, social skills||Communication/language, problem-solving, sharing, fine motor skills, taking turns, gross motor skills|
|Storytime||English Language Arts||Listening, auditory comprehension, turning book pages, pointing to main characters, answering questions, using imagination|
|Using art materials; following a process||Following directions, making choices, sharing, communication skills|
For more information regarding Anderson Early Learning Academy, please contact our Early Learning Academy Team:
Phone: (518) 641-1119
Contact our Early Learning Academy Team