THANK YOU ANDERSON TEAM MEMBERS!
Click here to see a special message to our amazing, dedicated, team members from Anderson's social media community! Parents, supporters, and others have flooded our social media posts with comments of thanks and gratitude.
YOU ARE OUR SUPERHEROES!
WE ARE IN NEED!
On behalf of the entire Anderson Center for Autism community, we thank those of you who have made donations of supplies, wish list items, care packages, kind notes and unrestricted cash. Every act of kindness is noted and very much appreciated. Many of you have asked how you might be able to contribute, as well. Thank you for asking! Here are several suggestions for items we will benefit from, and some ideas for additional support:
- Make an unrestricted donation in any amount to Anderson Foundation for Autism, to allow the Foundation to support the growing needs of the Center, based on agency priority-this will help as we work on finalizing an emergency fund to help Anderson team members who are struggling at this challenging time
- Make a donation of infrared or ear thermometers and thermometers probes
- Make a donation of supplies such as surgical masks, gloves, gowns, cleansing wipes, soft soap and hand sanitizer
- Make a donation of cameras that can be used for Zoom and other video-conferencing needs
- Write letters or cards to your loved one that an Anderson team member can read aloud to them
- Write letters or cards to Anderson team members letting them know how much you appreciate their dedication and hard work
- Purchase something from Anderson’s wish list or on our Amazon wish list
If you have any questions, or need help making a donation, please email us: email@example.com
Please note: if you have anything shipped to Anderson's campus, use the following example as a template to insure it reaches its intended destination as quickly as possible:
ATTN: Team Member/Department
Anderson Center for Autism
4885 Route 9
P.O. Box 367
Staatsburg, NY 12580
Please note: if you have anything shipped to an Anderson IRA, use the regular IRA mailing address and add "ATTN: Team Member/Individual, IRA NAME" to the top of the address line
The following are resources developed by the ACA Consultation Team, to be shared with your loved ones!
- Creating Your Schedule (In-home Schoolwork)
- Distance Learning Schedule – Elementary Level
- Distance Learning Schedule - High School Level
- Distance Learning - Weekly Planner
- Helping Children Wear Face Masks
- Supporting Positive Behavior at Home
- Understanding and Using Social Stories
Social Stories are a social learning tool that supports the safe and meaningful exchange of information between parents, professionals, and people with autism of all ages.
- Coronavirus: About COVID-19 and How to Keep Everyone Safe
- Washing My Hands
- Social Distancing and Keeping Everyone Healthy
- Learning at Home When School is Closed
- Wearing My Face Mask
- Wearing Protective Equipment
- Visiting With My Family
To support with creating schedules, visual task strips, First/Then Boards, etc., we have developed the icons below.