For more information please call or email our International Recruiter
ACI has been providing opportunities for international exchange fellows in the social services industry since 1990. Candidates are sought with at least a Bachelor's degree in social service disciplines, i.e., mental health, special education, psychology, and related studies to apply and related work experience.
ACI provides 12 month opportunities and works closely with fellows throughout the year. Fellows are given the opportunity to train with experienced professionals in the social services field, contribute new ideas, and learn best practices. Fellows will then return to their countries to adopt effective approaches in their chosen fields within the social services arena.
Fellows train with children and adults on the autism spectrum in a variety of roles that provide support to existing staff or case managers, special educators, etc. ACI provides fellows with a monthly stipend, accommodations, health insurance and other supports to ensure a smooth transition into the program and the United States.
Anderson enjoys reciprocal relationships with several local universities of international repute in and around New York State. We also provide academic opportunities and certificate programs in the social services field to augment the experiential learning process of the fellows.
ACI provides the following to IFP participants:
- A generous monthly stipend
- Living accommodations on or near the Anderson campus
- Health insurance
- Optional variety of ACA program observations and educational learning opportunities
- A certificate/letter of completion from ACI
- Membership to the Anderson Center International Alumni network, which provides opportunities to connect with other alumni across the globe.
- Tickets to attend one or more events, such as the Anderson appreciation dinner, Anderson's Autism Tomorrow conference and other fun-filled events.
- Supportive team members and experienced professionals at Anderson and a cohort based exchange program format, which includes fellows from different countries.
- A supportive learning and training environment nestled in the picturesque upstate NY hamlet of Staatsburg on the banks of the Hudson River.
- Located 90 miles to the North of New York City accessible by railroad and car which provides unparalleled opportunities for cultural and educational exchange.
Like ACI on Facebook!