ACA’s core philosophy is that all people deserve to live a life of quality. ACA has evolved into an organization that has the expertise, resources and technology to enable the agency to contribute much toward the optimization of the quality of life of those it serves.
Mission, Vision & Values Statements
MISSION – Optimizing the Quality of Life for Individuals with Autism
VISION – Anderson Center for Autism as a world-class provider and leader
- Supporting the individuals we serve in living the lives they choose
- Respecting, trusting and encouraging each other to demonstrate initiative, authority, skill and inspiration
- Extending our impact by advocating in multiple venues for the broader needs and rights of people with autism and their families
- Recognizing that our work does not exist in a vacuum
- Expecting respectful interactions between the people we serve and our staff and management
- Actively fostering an open exchange of ideas with a sustained focus on collaboration among teams towards a common end
- Growing and deepening mutually beneficial relationships with families, donors, funders and other community partners
- Delivering programs, services and a culture that adhere to the highest principles of care
- Holding ourselves to measurable outcomes to determine our success in achieving our mission
- Being transparent with each other and our constituents; always placing the greater good of the people we serve above our own needs
- Continuously searching for and creating new opportunities and ways of providing service
- Encouraging and rewarding thoughtful risk taking to overcome challenges
- Supporting and encouraging creativity and self-determination
- Grounding our work in a core belief in the inherent value of each individual, and our shared capacity to learn and grow
- Building on strengths and supporting each other to create a stronger team and achieve new heights
- Being able to understand the perspective of the individuals we serve as well as our coworkers
- All individuals achieving a life of quality
- All staff achieving great things when supported, challenged and acknowledged
- All families becoming an on-going, integral and contributing member of the circle of support for their loved one
Strategic Plan Summary
1. Align agency operations with our mission
ACA has at its core the foundational belief that all individuals deserve to live a life of quality. ACA looks to ensure that all aspects of our agency are focused toward this belief. With all agency decisions and staff actions predicated on optimizing the quality of life of the individuals we serve, we will positively impact the lives of those we serve and be the pre-eminent leader in the field of developmental disability services.
2. Invest in our human capital
Highly qualified and trained staff are an integral part of our current and future successes and the competition for these staff will only increase. It is vital to our survival as a leader in the field to develop mechanisms to attract, recruit, nurture and retain the right individuals.
3. Make judgments and decisions that are data informed
The future landscape of service delivery and funding is not clearly defined and becoming increasingly difficult to predict. It is increasingly important for ACA to make wise and carefully thought out judgments and decisions about our future path. These judgments and decisions need to be informed by the best and most relevant data available. Agency IT systems need to be developed to easily capture and promote accessibility of the most relevant information.
4. Create and design innovative interventions and measurements
At the core of our program is the provision of quality programming and services. To remain and thrive as a leader in the field of autism service delivery it is imperative for ACA to continuously develop and refine innovative interventions. Further, ACA needs to position itself at the forefront of effective and objectively proven programming and develop the necessary measurement tools to assess program effectiveness and to refine and enhance existing systems.
5. Evaluate, diversify, expand, and maximize existing and new business operations and funding
ACA is poised to expand into new regions and markets but must do so in a planful and thoughtful manner. ACA must establish critical data informed systems to make and promote sound decisions on the further diversification and expansion of our service model.