Family Support Services
Our Family Support Services offers short-term, in-home, or community services and training to families of children and adults with autism or related developmental disabilities. Supports may be focused on behavioral solutions, accessing community resources, developing functional routines and increasing social interaction skills. These services are made possible through a grant from the NYS Office for People with Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD) and are offered at no cost to families meeting OPWDD eligibility.
We offer workshops for families, therapists and professionals and can be tailored to suit any audience. Custom designed trainings can be created to meet the unique needs of school districts, community agencies or other groups. We provide a number of workshop trainings that cover a wide variety of topics including:
- Overview of Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD)
- Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) and Understanding Challenging Behaviors
- Creating a Classroom Environment
- Developing and Implementing Effective Reinforcement Systems
- Designing Effective Instructional and Support Strategies