Anderson Center Consulting offers behavioral and educational consultation to school districts, service providers, agencies, private schools, businesses, and others that serve individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and other neuro-diversities. Service offerings include, evaluations, behavioral consultation, professional development and training, intervention assistance, environmental design, parent training, and inclusivity training. All consultants work closely with families, team members, faculty, and business personnel.
Educational Consultation Services
Anderson Center Consulting offers educational and behavioral consultation to support students, faculty and staff in all academic settings.
- Support students in least-restrictive educational environment
- Develop professional capacity
- Sustained use of evidence-based practice
Contracted services may include:
- FBA completion/Independent FBAs
- FBA completion support
- BIP development and implementation support
- Parent Counseling & Training*
- Foundations for Student Success
- Essential Classroom Components
- Professional Development and Training*
- Coaching and Mentoring
*Trainings available in in-person, live virtual, and asynchronous online formats
Professional Development & Training
Trainings are available in live virtual, pre-recorded webinar, and in-person formats. Select trainings are also available in asynchronous online format. *CTLE CEUs available
- Workshops and trainings designed to meet each districts specific needs
- Understanding FBA & BIP Requirements: A Training for School Administrators*
- Creating FBAs & BIPs in Alignment with NYSED Standards: A Training for Educational Staff (2-part training series)*
- MY Student Has an FBA/BIP, Now What?: A Training for Classroom Staff
- The Dog Ate My Homework...Strategies for Developing and Improving Executive Function Skills
- Supporting Individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder*
Trainings are offered in live virtual (as scheduled) and pre-recorded webinar formats. Select trainings are also available in asynchronous online format.
Workshops and trainings designed to a variety of support needs:
- Help! Why Does My Child Keep Doing That?
- I Haven't Started It Yet! Helping Parents Understand and Improve Their Child's Executive Function Skills
- Let's Get Visual! An Overview of Creating and Using Visual Supports
- Let's Play! Learning through Play for Individuals with ASD
Family Support Services
Family Support Services offers in-home behavioral support and training funded by NYS Office for People with Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD). The program provides behavioral support to parents and caregivers of individuals experiencing challenges in the home and community settings. Services focus on each family’s specific needs.
For decades, we’ve invited and encouraged individuals with autism to become more involved in “the community”, which usually meant the neurotypical community. With diagnostic rates in the United States at 1 in 44, Anderson recognizes that today, everyone is part of the “autism community” and Anderson is helping communities become more Autism Supportive. We are neighbors, friends, family members, coworkers, professionals, and business owners.
Autism Supportive EnvironmentSM
We are proud to list all of the forward-thinking and community-minded businesses that have chosen to become an Autism Supportive EnvironmentSM by working with Anderson Center Consulting. Find the businesses you need here, knowing that they understand and appreciate your loved one on the autism spectrum.
Autism Supportive Community
With funding awarded from the Thomas Thompson Trust, we collaborated with Village of Rhinebeck leaders to support their effort to establish the Village of Rhinebeck as the first Autism Supportive Community in the region. Businesses and organizations in the Village of Rhinebeck have incorporated at least one supportive practice (aka #1Thing) as part of the growing inclusivity initiative. Businesses are also encouraged to complete the Autism Supportive EnvironmentSM training program. The objective is to create a united and cohesive community that supports people with autism and their friends and loved ones.
For more information regarding becoming an Autism Supportive EnvironmentSM, an Autism Supportive Community, or our general consulting services, please call or email our Consulting Department:
Phone: (845) 889-9616